Klappern macht mich verrückt :(

• Someone mentioned it could be the white plastic holder for the metal rod holding up the hood which is ratteling.. I will check on mine tomorrow.

• These are the videos i made, the rattle sound is more louder then in the video..

Externer Inhalt youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• These are the videos i made, the rattle sound is more louder then in the video..

This sounds exactly like in post #1:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

Bad luck, if so. Because Starfish had to remove the dashboard to fix it: RE: Klappern macht mich verrückt :(

Corolla HB 2.0 Club | Technik- u. Style-Paket | Navi | MM19-Retrofit | Audio-Umbau ESX, Focal | HUD | H&R-Spurverbreiterung VA 14mm, HA 30mm | Fußraumbeleuchtung "Ambiente" | Reifendruck-Modul | LED-Kennzeichen- und Innenleuchten

• Ok, I see. Did you try this?

Someone mentioned it could be the white plastic holder for the metal rod holding up the hood which is ratteling.. I will check on mine tomorrow.

On my car, we removed the dashboard to install the HUD and discovered that the massive retaining screws of the main console (with the thick tube) were loose.

Maybe try tightening these screws. On toyota-tech.eu you can download construction drawings with an hourly access.

Corolla HB 2.0 Club | Technik- u. Style-Paket | Navi | MM19-Retrofit | Audio-Umbau ESX, Focal | HUD | H&R-Spurverbreiterung VA 14mm, HA 30mm | Fußraumbeleuchtung "Ambiente" | Reifendruck-Modul | LED-Kennzeichen- und Innenleuchten

• More news on the problem.

It seems that swerving to the left and right on the highway fixes the noise.

As long as i go straight and veeeery slight to the right, the noise it back on.

Also with braking on lower speeds than the highway, it also triggers the rattle to be a lot louder…

• Sounds like a metallic component slightly lying at another metallic part. Propably a metal-sheet.

The vids are difficult to analyse.

Try looking under the bonnet at the passanger side. The may be heat shields or similar that rattle at the carframe, up left in the corners and depths of the plastic-jungle.

Then take out the glovebox and try to take out some other parts of the dashboard.

Look for connectors or other things that might be the cause.

Perhaps its the thingies in the glovebox ? :)

Next idea is the plastic in the wheel arch trim passanger side.
    All screws at place, does it sit right in the carframe/wheel arch ?

The part with " it stopps when swerving" may hint at something "heavy" hanging at another part of the car and when when the car turns left/right it gets pulled off or straight on to the carframe or plasticpart of the dashboard.
    Maybe a control unit somewhere in the depths of the dashboard.

Or:

Maybe the plastic-cover of the windshield/wipers rattles at the frame/glas or something else und through steering it stops because the frame winds itself.

Seems to be a good guess, the more I think about it.

I fear you wont get it, without pulling the dashboard or other parts apart.

Good for you, that Toyota has the dashboard constructed in a very mechanic-friendly way.

...I´m always amazed about my good english X/ :D
    Herman the German :D

Corolla 2.0 Hybrid TS Team Deutschland, 2021

• Thanks for the huge reply! Your english is very good :)

What i and the dealer have done:

- I took the front of the dash apart (so the glovebox was gone ;)), also the spreaker where the rattle is coming from… no luck. My girlfriend tells that the sound is more deeper in the dash near the firewall.

- I did the test of driving without windshield wipers, no luck.

- Dealer did the parafan, manifold heatshield and various small things.

In a few weeks the dealer has the car for 2 days and is going to check the subframe.

• does it stop or does it sound different when you are holding your hand firmly at the A-pillar-plastic?

Or:

the middle part of the dashboard, between the speaker covers and "behind" the Front-part of the dashboard is removable, should be able to pull off when the speaker covers are off.

Perhaps you can fiddle around with the hand on the inside or just stuff it out with foamparts

Corolla 2.0 Hybrid TS Team Deutschland, 2021